Everyone wants a wedding that is unforgettable and unique. A celebrant led wedding gives you the freedom to choose exactly how you want your day to be and ensures your ceremony will be personal and meaningful.
As a celebrant I will create a ceremony that reflects your personalities. The words will be about you and the readings, vows and symbolic ceremonies, such as the lighting of candles or tree planting, will be suited to who you are. Ceremonies can also include elements of different faiths and cultures – great when two people are from different countries. You can also have a non-religious and secular ceremony, or include spiritual or religious elements.
Using a celebrant also means you are no longer restricted to using registered-only venues, so your choice of wedding locations increases. You can get married anywhere…a marquee, a yurt, a beach, woodland, a castle, a mansion or a hotel. If you’re looking for something a little different to a church service or registry office, a celebrant may be for you.
Whether your wedding is small and intimate, or a big party, I can create a ceremony that is suited to you. Please get in touch to discuss your ideas and requirements.
My services for a Wedding Ceremony
– I will meet you with face to face to discuss your plans in detail – often at the venue to get an idea of the ceremony you have in mind
– A draft ceremony will be provided – to be approved and checked by you
– I will write an Order of Ceremony – to be agreed by you
– Continual guidance and support will be available via phone and email
– I will be there at the wedding rehearsal to choreograph and assist with the ceremony staging
– Professional delivery of the ceremony on the day is guaranteed
– I will present you with your own written copy of the ceremony – on the day or at a later date
– Renewal of Vows or Naming certificates can be presented
– I will ensure the whole process is as stress-free as possible so you can get on with enjoying your day
I am also able to create a handfasting as part of your wedding ceremony. A handfasting is based on an ancient practice popular across Britain and Ireland which involves the tying of ribbons and cords around the hands of the bride and groom to symbolise unity (and may be where the expression ‘tying the knot’ comes from). A handfasting can be either spiritual or non-religious and provides a unique and memorable moment in your wedding blessing or ceremony.
Renewal of Vows
A renewal of vows ceremony is a beautiful way to celebrate an anniversary or to reaffirm your love for each other at any time in life. Perhaps your first wedding was in a registry office and you now want to have the ceremony you desire. Or you may have got married abroad and want to celebrate with friends and family at home. You may have even been through a tough time in your life and are looking to reconfirm the love you share for your partner and look towards the future.
Whatever your wishes, I will write and deliver the ceremony you want. Your celebration can be small and intimate or a large party and can include readings, songs and meaningful symbols that reflect your relationship. You can renew your vows in any surroundings – on a beach or in a forest, in a castle or your favourite pub, or at the place you first met each other. A Renewal of Vows certificate can also be presented.
Please get in touch to discuss your ideas and requirements.